These are quick and delicious! I am always craving Mexican food and these tacos are a perfect, healthy way to satisfy that craving. Plus, Perkin and I LOVE spicy food and this is one of those meals that can be as spicy as you want it to be.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package meatless grounds (love Quorn's meat substitutes)
- 5 garlic cloves
- Sliced jalapenos (I used about 15 slices but it depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1 package shredded cheese
- Optional: nonfat Greek yogurt or sour cream, salsa, and avocado
Sauté onion, beans, meatless grounds, garlic, and jalapenos until the grounds are no longer frozen. Then add the whole package of seasoning and mix it in. On a separate skillet or grill put down a tortilla, sprinkle some cheese on one side and wait for it to melt a little bit. Place the sautéed mixture on the other side of the tortilla. Then fold in half and serve. If you want, you can put some avocado inside the tortilla as well. Also, salsa and sour cream or yogurt are great additions.
*Healthy hint: I love using NF Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream! It is healthier and I think it actually tastes better. Also, spinach or kale sautéed with the grounds would be a healthy addition!