I had a fabulous salad at a favorite restaurant of mine in town, Carmel Belle. I thought I would recreate it. It turned out just as delicious as the original. The combination of fresh oranges and goat cheese is perfection. It is similar to this recipe but the olives and cheese add a great twist to it.
- 1 blood orange (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 orange (peeled and sliced thin)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (or 2 ounces) goat cheese
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Combine the juice of 2 lemons with the equivalent amount of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Put into a sealed container and shake to emulsify the dressing. Toss dressing with salad ingredients and serve. I love how easy and healthy salads are!