10 favorite products
I thought I would do a post about my favorite all natural products I have been using lately. As I have mentioned in the past, I am trying to use more natural products in my daily routine. So, I thought I would share what I have tried and loved and a couple I have tried and not been a big fan of.
What I love and use regularly:
- My number one skin care product is still Rodin Olio Lusso. My skin just glows with this stuff. It is really pricey but I have been using it for a few months now and know it will last a year. Here is a link to the best price I have found for it.
- A new favorite is Korres Mineral Foundation. I just picked this up at Sephora and LOVE it. I have been using Laura Mercier's powder but when I ran out I thought I would try something completely natural. This stuff covers great and stays all day.
- Calendula ointment in gel form. I use this every night as a lip balm before going to bed. My friend recommended it to me after a dermatologist recommended it to her. I get really chapped lips and this works great! This product was more difficult for me to find so I thought I would add a link here.
- Jason sunscreen! The best mostly natural sunscreen I have ever used. It smells like summer in a bottle and goes on clear. So easy to apply. My issue with it is that while it has less junk in it than most sunscreens, it does still contain some chemicals. For me, it is a step in the right direction since it contains no parabens, SLS, Petrolatum, artificial colors, or phthalates. I have a hard time going completely natural here because all those sunblocks do not rub in easily and are very white on my skin. I got this at Whole Foods.
- Coconut oil scented with tuberose flower. My dad came back from Hawaii recently with a bottle of this for me. I have been using it as a moisturizer. I cannot tell you how much I love this stuff. The smell alone is unbelievable. It leaves my skin so smooth. love, love, love.
- Yes to Carrots shampoo and conditioner. I have tried so many natural shampoos and conditioners and this stuff comes out on top. It smells great and makes my hair super soft. Perkin loves it too. Here is the one I use.
- I have to admit I ran into a problem with my deodorant I made. It works great but in hot yoga it turned white and was very noticeable when I lifted my arms. So, I bought an all-natural deodorant to use while working out. It is called Natural For Her by Herban Cowboy. This stuff works great and smells wonderful! I highly recommend it if you do not want to make your own or are doing a lot of sweating...I picked it up at Whole Foods.
- Jojoba oil. I bought this to put in my hair oil I made but have been using it as a makeup remover as well! I didn't realize that could be one of its uses until I read the back of the bottle. It works great for me. Here is where I got my bottle.
- Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap for body wash in the shower. I have been using this stuff for years and can't get enough of it. My favorite smell is Peppermint, so refreshing. You can get this at your local grocery store or CVS.
- Kai perfume, lotions, body wash, candles, all of it. This is my favorite smell. It is so light and fresh. I have been using it for over 5 years now and continues to be my favorite scent.
Those pics above are of some of my (obviously tried and true) favs.
Here are some products I have heard great things about and are on my list to try:
- Yes to Carrots' Yes to Tomatoes line of skin care products. It is supposed to be similar to Proactiv but without the harsh chemicals.
- RMS makeup. I have read such wonderful things about this makeup company but I can't find it anywhere and really don't want to buy it online without trying it first. Anyone know where it is sold?
- Korres tinted lip balms. I have way too many balms but as soon as I actually use one completely up, I hope to purchase this.
Some products I have not been too fond of:
- Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm. The colors are really nice but I think they just sit on the lips. Because of this it just feels too slippery for me and I don't think my lips are getting very moisturized. I have read so many great reviews on this product but it just isn't for me. On the other hand, I love their normal chapstick! It is minty and very soothing.
- Organix shampoo and conditioner. I thought this stuff was AWFUL. It made my hair knotted and frizzy.
- Tom's deodorant. I have mentioned this before but I am not a big fan. The product did nothing for me. I felt like I may as well not be wearing deodorant at all.
* I don't want this to seem like an advertisement. I am not getting paid to tell you about any of these. All the products I talk about here are favorites (or not so favorites) of mine.
*What products have you tried and loved?