This stuff is addictive. It is so fresh, so healthy, and so easy to make. While I do think of this as a summer dish served on a warm day, I thoroughly enjoyed eating it while watching the football game on Sunday. I felt like it was no longer winter. I was transported to another time and place.
This can be served on its own or with chips to dip in.
- 4 ounces new potatoes or 1 small potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 persian cucumber, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch dice (hothouse variety would work here as well)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (olive oil)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover about 2 inches
- Add salt and bring to boil
- Lower heat and simmer until potatoes can easily be pierced with fork or knife (about 9 minutes)
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with peppers, onion, garlic, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and cilantro
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients and pour mixture over vegetables
- Stir gently, until everything is coated
- Add avocado and stir
- Serve at room temp
The recipe came out of a FABULOUS vegan cookbook called Pure Vegan. It can be purchased here.
*sorry for the picture quality, taken with my Iphone.