I thought I would share with you my favorite oatmeal recipe of the moment. This simple recipe is vegan, gluten free, and so healthy. I think it is the perfect way to start the day.
- 1/2 cup oats (My fav are Bob's Red Mill. I get them at Costco, but they can be purchased here as well)
- 1 handful (about 7 or 8) organic frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- combine oatmeal, raspberries, and 1 cup water on the stovetop
- bring to a boil, then lower the temp and wait about 5 minutes or until oats have absorbed the water
- add chia seeds, almond butter, and sugar
- stir all together
*Oatmeal is so healthy because it is high in fiber and protein, contains lignans and antioxidants, and has been shown to remove bad cholesterol and reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. Here is some more information if you are interested.