I am sharing with you a super easy DIY. I came across this on Pinterest and thought it sounded interesting. I had most of the ingredients in the cupboard so thought I would give it a go. The first time I tried this the fizzies didn't fizz at all! I adjusted the recipe a little bit and figured out how to make it work. It is a fun little DIY that cleans the toilet and adds a nice scent to the room.
- 1 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid (this was difficult for me to find. I ended up ordering on Amazon. Here is a link to what I bought)
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- About 60 drops of essential oils*
- Spray bottle
*I did a combination of tangerine, bergamot, and grapefruit. Lavender, peppermint, or another fresh scent would be great here.
- Mix together the baking soda and citric acid.
- In a separate glass container, mix vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
- Slowly, drop by drop add this to the dry ingredients trying not to make the concoction start to fizz.
- Put the essential oils into a spray bottle and spritz them into the bowl, stirring in between sprays.
- Gently mix everything together.
- Use a 1/2 teaspoon to scoop and mold the mixture onto a baking sheet. A silicone mold would work better for this, but I didn't have one. Using a decorative mold would look really nice.
- Let the fizzies dry for a minimum of 4 and then place them in a sealed container. I got mine from Ikea.
- Whenever you need to freshen up the space, just drop a fizzy into the toilet.
recipe adapted from: savvysugar