a few new favorites
Lately I have been reading up on the different all natural skincare and makeup brands and testing out new items. The only problem is, everywhere I look there is a different opinion on the brands. Some say one is good for the environment while another will say that it is terrible! It is hard to know what to believe. Yesterday my good friend recommended an app to me that tells you all about the makeup and skincare products on the market today. The app explains the ingredients in each product, which ones are good, which ones are bad, and why that is. Oh my goodness this is my newest obsession. I cannot stop scanning barcodes or entering brands into this app! It helps me to really understand the ingredients in my products. The app is called Think Dirty and is free to download onto your phone.
I also wanted to share with you some of my new favorite all natural (or mostly all natural) products I have been using lately. So, in no particular order here they are:
- Desert Essence shampoo and conditioner. This stuff is great! It is the best all natural shampoo and conditioner I have found. It is also super cheap and smells amazing. I have been switching between the coconut and jojoba formulas. I purchased this at Vitacost.com or you can find it here on Amazon.
- Arcona products, especially the eye wrinkle repair cream. I apply this every night. It feels wonderful under my eyes, so moisturizing without feeling greasy or heavy. I received this as a gift but believe it is available at Nordstrom.
- Tom's toothpaste. While I mentioned in my last favorites post that I dislike Tom's deodorant, I love their toothpaste. It leaves my teeth feeling super clean and white.
- NOW Avocado oil. There are many other brands of this stuff, but I just wanted to mention the actual oil. I use it as a deep conditioning treatment for my hair. I apply this over my ends on top of my conditioner and leave it on for about 5 minutes. It leaves my hair so silky soft. I have a friend who also applies this as a face moisturizer at night. She swears by it! You can get it on Vitacost, at some Whole Foods, or here on Amazon.
- Andalou hair spray. I picked this up at Whole Foods and absolutely love it. The smell is nice and refreshing and it really does help to volumize my hair and keep everything in place. I hate the smell of chemicals in the normal hair sprays I pick up at CVS so I thought I would give this a try. Glad I did.
- Ecco Bella lipsticks. These are fabulous! They are very pigmented colors and long lasting. Definitely some of the best all natural lipsticks I have ever tried. I bought mine here on Amazon.
- Lush anything really, but I have been loving the Mask of Magnaminty. It is the brands only mask that does not need to be refrigerated. It smells great and makes my skin feel so soft and clean.
- Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm. I don't have it pictured since I just ran out and need to get another tube, but it is great stuff! In my last beauty post I mentioned I really didn't like the company's tinted lip balm, which is still true, but this product has a totally different consistency and just makes my lips feel so good and hydrated.
On a side note: I still love my Rodin Olio Lusso face oil. I just repurchased it, meaning the last bottle lasted me a full year. Worth the money in my opinion. Other products I still love from my previous post on this topic (which you can get to by clicking here) are the Herban Cowboy deodorant, jojoba oil as makeup remover and hair serum, coconut oil as lotion and a deep conditioner, and Dr. Bronners as a body wash.
I would love to hear about your all natural beauty favorites! It is always great to hear about new brands/products to try in this category.