I hosted a small gathering for Easter brunch this year. I wanted to do something out of the box from the usual pancakes or eggs. When I came across this recipe in Sunset magazine, I knew it had to be the meal. Man, was it good! It is healthy, low carb, high protein, gluten free, and as with most of the meals I post, super easy to make!
- 6 cauliflower florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 olive oil packed anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 9 tablespoons olive oil, set aside one tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4-8 large eggs, depending on hunger level :)
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Combine cauliflower, garlic, shallot, ginger, anchovies, tomatoes, chili flakes, and 8 tbsp oil in a bowl and season to taste with s and p.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Roast for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Crack eggs into pan and fry until edges begin to brown, about a minute. If desired, flip eggs and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Plate the cauliflower and place the eggs on top.
recipe from Sunset Magazine