We have been making our own corn tortillas. Homemade tortillas are a GAME CHANGER! They are significantly more delicious than store bought, and so easy. Here's how we make them.
- masa (2 cups makes about 5 tortillas)
- 1 pinch of salt
- warm-hot water
- parchment paper
- tortilla press (we use this one)
- mix the masa and salt together
- add warm water (start with 1/2 water to masa ratio)
- mix water and masa
- continue to add water until dough is formed but not sticky
- divide dough into even portions
- press your tortillas using tortilla press lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking
- heat pressed tortillas on pan or grill over med-high heat for about 2 min flipping in between
- tortillas are done when they begin to bubble
These tortillas are even more delicious when made into veggie tacos. You can find our recipe here.