Last week we discussed the harmful effects toxins found in conventional makeup, and the barriers of switching over to all-natural makeup. Today we want to share some of our favorite clean beauty products. These are tried and true and have become must haves in our makeup routines! It is also important to note that all the products mentioned have received a 3 or lower from the Think Dirty app mentioned in the previous post.
- Bite Agave Lip Mask. My go to for smooth lips! I have tried so many natural and not so natural lip conditioners and this stuff is better than anything out there. Apply this formula at night and wake up to moistened, healed lips. An extra perk is that it tastes good too!
- Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation. I have tried many mineral foundations and find this one to be the best for my sensitive, combination skin. Between the natural appearance and build able coverage, it is a winner. The best part? There are only 4 ingredients in this.
- Alima Pure Highlighter in Luna. If I feel like my skin is looking especially dull I will apply a little of this to brighten things up. I'll put it on my cheek bones, brow bones, and cupids bow for a healthy, lit from within glow.
- Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner. When I want some color on the lips, I love this stuff. During the summer when my skin is a bit more tanned, Shell Shock (a bright coral) is my favorite.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara. This stuff is surprisingly good! I have tried other Physicians Formula products with some disappointment but this mascara makes my lashes full and long. Plus it is easy to get off, which is a win in itself. My eyes really get irritated if I have to rub them to get product off. With this mascara it just isn't needed.
- 100% Pure Cocoa Bronzer. This is really, really good. I used a popular holy grail high end brand for years, and this is just as good, maybe better. It warms up the skin and looks super natural blended out. This stuff is very pigmented though so a little goes a long way (p.s. this company is having 25% off everything right now).
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Blush in 'Healthy'. Love this. Don't know what else to say except that it's truly pigmented and this shade does look like a healthy glow. I want to try more of their shades (p.s. this company is having 25% off everything right now).
- Mineral Fusion Eye Shadows. I have the 6 shade palette available only at Whole Foods, but I'm so impressed with the pigment and blend ability of these babies. Definitely perform like high end eye shadows!
- RMS Uncover Up Concealer. I'm the shade 22 (which is the most popular shade). I use this coconut oil-based concealer under my eyes and it stays put all day. This concealer does need to be set with powder, though, so make sure to have that on hand.
- ZuZu Luxe Eyeliner in 'Obsidian'. This is the best black, natural eyeliner I've found. I tried a few, and this one had the best black pigment and smoothest texture.