About a month ago we discussed the harmful effects of the toxins found in our favorite beauty and cleaning products. We put together a list of our favorite all natural makeup products. Today we are sharing our favorite non-makeup beauty items. These are all tried and true favorites. We always love hearing about your favorite all natural products. If you know of something not mentioned, please share!
- John Master's BARE Shampoo and Conditioner. I have tried so so many all natural shampoo and conditioners and this is my all time favorite. The conditioner leaves my hair so shiny and tangle free. What I enjoy doing is adding about 20 drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo and shaking it up to help prevent a dry or itchy scalp.
- Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap. My husband and I have been using this as body wash for years. We always make sure to bring some on trips as well, it really is that good. All natural, doesn't dry out your skin, a little goes a very long way, and in a worse case scenario I can use it as shampoo (it does dry out the hair a bit but gets the job done). Our favorite smell is peppermint, it wakes up the senses.
- Jason Toothpaste. This is just really good toothpaste. I forget that it is all natural, because it works as well as anything I've used before.
- Andalou Naturals Hair Spray Age Defying. My favorite hair spray. Hands down. It adds lots of volume and hold without feeling crunchy. Plus it smells great. I purchase this at Whole Foods.
- 100% Pure Hydrating Hand Wash. Love this hand wash. We have one in the kitchen as well as in the bathrooms. Completely natural yet leaves my hands feeling super clean and not dried out at all. And a plus is how great they smell.
- My DIY hair serum. I have posted quite a few DIYs on the blog that I use regularly but this one is my favorite. I use it every time I've washed my hair, after getting out of the shower. It smells incredible and leaves my hair so soft and manageable. A tiny bit goes a very long way so if you try this, keep that in mind!
- Jane Iredale Magic Mitt. A knitted micro-fiber cleansing cloth that removes makeup using only water. This really is like magic. No more makeup remover or extra products, I just gently massage the cloth on my skin and it removes all makeup.
- Dessert Essence Tea Tree Oil Deodorant. Ugh for some reason I've developed a sensitivity to many of the natural deodorants I used to love. This one doesn't give me a rash, and works as well as any other natural deodorant I've tried.
- Nature's Gate Creme de Mint Toothpaste. The hubby and I have been using this toothpaste for a couple of years and continually repurchase time after time.
- 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream. This stuff smells divine, de-puffs and moisturizes the under eye are. The tube also lasts a long time! Is there anything else you want in an under eye cream? Nope.
- Shea Moisture Baby Healing Lotion. I found this stuff in the baby section and it's so good. Made with chamomile and argan oil, this lotion is thick and balmy and works really well for dry skin. It's super clean and smells lovely as well.
- The Honest Company Wipes. Another find from the baby section. I have a pack of these wipes in the glove compartment of my car, and one in my home for wiping up anything that needs wiping, cleaning my face, freshening smelly armpits (because natural deodorant sometimes needs freshening up). These are the best, and the best part is that I don't have to worry about harmful chemicals with these. Seriously, you need these in your life.
- Dr. Bronner's Organic Lip Balm. I love this lip balm. The 'Peppermint' and 'Naked' scents are my favorites. This is a really good, hydrating, soft formula that I've been using for a couple years now. I purchase mine from Whole Foods.
All of these products are used daily by us, and we hope you love them as much as we do. Switching over to natural products doesn't have to be painful. An easy way to make the transition is to simply wait until you run out of something and then replace it by purchasing a natural version. Reference this list next time you are in need of a body care item. Hope it's helpful : )