I've been obsessed with smoothies lately, either in a bowl or a glass. Maybe it is the seasons changing and the warmer months approaching, but every morning I wake up craving one. These bowls wake up the senses. Between the bright pink color, the refreshing coldness as it goes down, and the sweet taste, just so enjoyable! This is a simple, healthy recipe full of fiber, protein, and good fats. Plus, it is vegan and gluten free. It will leave you feeling full and satisfied for hours. Feel free to mix it up too, try different toppings or switch out the fruit.
This recipe yields 1 serving.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3 oz dragon fruit (pitaya), frozen
- 2 oz cranberries, frozen
- 1 cup almond milk (or dairy free milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Coconut flakes, for topping
- Granola, for topping. If you want to make your own, try our recipe.
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds, for topping*
- Blend all ingredients. I use either a Vitamix or Magic Bullet, depending on how much I am making and which ingredients I throw in there. The Magic Bullet usually does the job just fine.
- Add almond milk as needed until you get the right consistency.
- Top with the coconut flakes, granola, and some of the hemp seeds.
*slivered almonds, fresh fruit, pumpkin, or sunflower seeds would be great alternatives to go on top.