top 10 wanderlust yoga festival essentials
This year we're attending the Wanderlust Yoga Festival in Squaw Valley, Ca. I remember when Wanderlust was founded, and I've watched it grow into a brand that includes a book, youtube channel (which is amazing BTW), festivals in multiple locations, a blog, yoga teacher training program, and clothing/lifestyle products. Below are the top 10 essentials we are packing for the festival:
- Yoga mat. This may seem like a no-brainer, but a good mat really is an essential at a yoga festival. Our favorite brand is, of course, Manduka. The Prolite and the eKo lite are our personal favs. A yoga festival can be a good excuse to finally purchase yourself a nice mat that you will use and love for years to come.
- Yoga mat strap. These make it super easy to carry your mat around hands-free, 'nuff said, and this one is super cute!
- Flip Flops. You'll want flip flops that you can flop off as you begin a yoga class, and these come in a variety of colors, are super comfy, and can be washed off when they get muddy or dirty.
- Tennis shoes. Wanderlust fest has a variety of classes that include guided hikes. To get the most out of the experience, some cute and comfy tennis shoes like these are highly recommended.
- Fun leggings. Yoga festivals are the perfect time to rock some wild yoga leggings. These are my personal favorite, and they come in so many fun patterns/colors. The material is breathable and dries super fast after a sweaty class.
- Flash Tattoos. Festivals in general are a time to rock your bohemian style. We included flash tattoos in our list of essentials because we think they make the experience that much more fun!
- Journal. With all of the workshops, and world class yoga and meditation teachers, there is sure to be some wisdom dropping all weekend! We are bringing along a journal for taking notes.
- Sunblock. Gotta protect that beautiful skin you have! We are bringing along sunblock to reapply throughout the day. The sun is sure to be a blazin'! We are providing a few options depending on your preferences. This sunblock is only an spf 30 but smells heavenly and boasts a clean ingredient list. This option provides a higher spf but runs slightly dirtier with regards to ingredients. Both are good options, so choose according to your needs. If you haven't read our post on sunscreens check it out here.
- Oversized Sunglasses. The sun will be out no doubt and some big sunnies will not only protect your eyes from the sun's harmful rays, but also raise your cool factor. We love these for festivals because they are chic and super affordable.
- Backpack. Well, you need something to hold the rest of these items. This backpack is small enough to be carried around all day, and it comes with a hydration pack so you can leave your water bottle at home. We brought this backpack hiking with us along the Napali coast in Kauai, HI and it was awesome! Highly recommend for Wanderlust, and/or life in general.
Hope this list helps! We will be sure to document our trip with some pics and write all about the experience, so stay tuned for that upcoming post. If you are going, keep an eye out for us and say hi.