watermelon jalapeno summertime slush
This recipe came from my step-father who makes this on the regular for us in the summertime. It is a favorite of mine! As soon as watermelon is in season, I crave this drink. Add some tequila or vodka and you've got a fab cocktail. So simple, refreshing, tasty, and healthy.
- 1 small seedless watermelon cut into pieces
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper(s), depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 bunch chopped chives
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of either mint leaves (what we usually use), basil, or cilantro depending on taste preference
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the watermelon into a blender. Set aside some for garnish.
- Zest one lime onto the watermelon and squeeze in its juice. Use the other lime for garnish.
- Remove Jalapeno seeds, slice up, and add to watermelon.
- Add in half the chives and herb. Set aside the rest for garnish.
- Whip in a blender until creamy and smooth. We use a Vitamix, which makes the job so easy.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour into glass.
- Sprinkle finely chopped chives and herb of choice on top and add a few small cubes of watermelon.
- Garnish the rim with whatever you have on hand - strawberries, herbs, and/or lime wedge.
- Best served cold so store in the fridge if not consumed right away.