You'll never guess these pancakes are gluten free. This is an update on our protein packed pancakes recipe. Our friend, Deb, made her version of love+yoga pancakes one morning during the Wanderlust festival, and they were even better than our old recipe thanks to one secret ingredient. Deb added vanilla protein powder to her pancake recipe. Genius! Not only does this addition help everything bind together (an important factor in gluten free recipes), but it also gives the pancakes a wonderful flavor. After the festival, we started playing around in our kitchen, splitting the batter and adding some of this and some of that until we found the new love+yoga pancakes. This recipe is super simple, gluten free, super protein packed, and definitely low carb.
- Preheat griddle or pan over low-med heat
- Mash bananas
- Add eggs and scramble/mix with banana simultaneously
- Add protein powder, buckwheat, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and incorporate
- Spread oil over pan and pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle/pan
- Heat pancakes on both sides until lightly browned
- Remove from heat and top with all the fixings (our favs are berries, syrup, and nut butter)