In India we came across a fabulous restaurant called Once in Nature. The food was right up my alley with lots of healthy, fresh, vegetarian options. Now that I am home I have been replicating my favorite meals. This is one of them, with a California twist of course. This bowl is so quick and easy to make. Some of the ingredients can be pretty pricey though so I would suggest either getting them on a site like Vitacost (a favorite of mine that has lower cost items) or in the bulk food section of Whole Foods.
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened brown rice cereal (found this at Whole Foods in the bulk food bins)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/8 cup of dates (chopped)
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup raw mulberries
- 1/8 cup raw goji berries
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- a handful of fresh berries or bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I love Califia Farms coconut almond milk)
* What is so great about this recipe is that anything and everything would be great in here. You could add ingredients that sound good to you and/or take out some of the ones I mentioned above. Some other options could include cacao, flax, sunflower seeds, or raisins.
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Poor the milk over the top and drizzle honey over everything