When I can't make it to the yoga studio, want some new ideas for teaching a class, or need to recommend a good resource to help friends and clients practice on their own, these are my go to apps and websites. There are so many options out there and, let's be honest, most of them are not up to par. I have actually used these ones below and do consider them to be well thought out, safe classes for yogis of all levels.
- Yoga Studio. Fabulous classes whether you are a beginner or have been practicing for years. What I love about this app is that every pose (they have 280 in their library) is demonstrated clearly and you can choose between quick 15 minute classes up to longer 60 minute ones. You can even design your own class to customize your practice. I have even used this site to create classes that I later teach in person. The app is available for both Apple and Windows devices and costs $3.99. Check it out here.
- DoYogaWithMe. What I like about this site is how much variation there is! Male and female instructors, plus all different length classes for yogis at all levels. The classes are all free. Check it out here.
- Gaia. This site consists of hundreds of classes led by some of the top yoga instructors from around the world. What's great about this site is you can pick out classes based on time, experience, and needs. So, you can take a restorative class one day and an intense arm balancing class the next. The classes are free as well. Check it out here.
- Fitstar Yoga. The quality of this sites videos is great. They are clear and easy to follow with personalized content. You can get the basics for free or upgrade to their premium package for $39/year. You can check out their site or download the app.
- Yoga.com. The app has 300 poses and is designed for all level yogis. You can customize a program or create your own. You can even use the app to track your workouts. The app costs $3.99. Check out their site here.
All of these apps/sites have a little something different to offer. If you don't feel like you are getting what you need from one class, just try another. Find a teacher and a style that works for you!