This is my everything but the kitchen sink "pasta" with zucchini noodles instead of the real deal. But believe me, you won't miss traditional noodles one bit with this dish. I just threw in what I had on hand, which turned into a fabulous combination, but you can add anything and everything that sounds good to you. Spinach, cherry tomatoes, and/or parmesan cheese would be great additions. As well as some chicken breast if you are a meat eater. This meal is low carb, high protein, and full of healthy fats. If you are vegan or vegetarian just take out the sardines, but they do add a nice flavor and are packed with protein (23 grams in a can!) and good fats.
- 2 zucchini
- 6 ounces or a couple slices of extra firm tofu, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 can sardines in extra virgin olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans, unsalted
- 3 garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes (if desired for a little kick)
- some good olive oil
- The zucchini is eaten raw, so just wash and turn into a spaghetti like consistency using a spiralizer (we used this), potato peeler, or julienne peeler.
- Saute olive oil and garlic until garlic begins to brown.
- Add sardines to the pan and stir for another minute or two before putting in the tofu, olives, and beans.
- Toss the noodles with the ingredients in the pan.
- Add seasoning of your choice and enjoy!